Shotokan Karate of America, Inc (SKA) is a 501c(3) not-for-profit educational organization with over 80 dojos (practice halls) in the United States alone, as well as international affiliates around the world. Passing knowledge on to future generations is essential in the martial arts and your financial support to SKA allows us to continue offering the benefits of karate those who are searching for a proven path of self improvement.
Information that may be helpful for Matching Grants, Donor Advised Funds, etc:
- Mission: Teaching of karate (solely as a martial art, not as a sport) and the dissemination of the true meaning of “karate” through any and all means available, including, but not limited to, mailings, lectures, classes, books, and movies.
- Ruling year info: 1979
- Main address: 222 S Hewitt St # 7, Los Angeles, CA 90012 United States
- EIN: 95-3214144
- Subject area info: Sports
- Population served info: Students
- NTEE code info: Amateur Sports Clubs, Leagues, N.E.C. (N60)
- IRS filing requirement: This organization is required to file an IRS Form 990 or 990-EZ.